Saturday 29 January 2011

Glee, Bible and boob.

I had an amazing Friday night in, greasy pizza, no work, and loads of watchable TV shows on. There was this episode of Glee on that dealt with the kids searching for their spirituality (in loads of overproduced, but supposedly, spontaneous renditions of hymns/pop music). One guy, Finn, found the face of Jesus on a grilled cheese sandwich (you know the ones, usually on the BBC as a story of 'the face of Jesus in the peanut butter jar top etc etc) and fervently prayed to his cheesy Lord that his girlfriend would allow him to touch her boobs. 

This reminded of my recent 'misperformance' in a teaching session. We were all gathered in the lecture theatre, diligently taking notes and pretending to listen to a lecture on Public Health, when I looked down and realised that my left hand was resting, casually (if that is at all possible), on my left boob. Cupping it, in fact. In the middle of a lecture, with 120 other people there. I was feeling my own boob. Who does that?! How does something like that happen?! 

I don't know how it happened, but my immediate problem was how to take said hand away without attracting the attention of everyone else. I slowly bent forward onto the writing desk in front of me, so that just my head was resting on it, and nonchalantly slid my hand off my breast onto the table. Then burst into a fit of giggles. No one else had noticed my little 'self-love' moment so it was all good. I turned around to be sure that none of my friends had noticed, and they hadn't, but I did catch a glimpse of a boy not-so-secretly re-arranging his balls. And I thought to myself: that right there, is the difference between boys and girls summed up. The boobs are mine, but gratuitous groping is frowned upon, and well, girls care about stuff like that. A boy, on the other hand, doesn't see the shame in slipping a hand down the front of his pants, juggling his 'tom-and-jerrys' about, and then carrying on with his lunch.

In other news, I went to church today, for the first time in a long time. I think they should talk more about spirituality and religion on TV, cause clearly Glee had an impact. Either way, church was great. I feel...in equipoise.

Be good people...Jah bless (they didn't say that in church, it just sounded cool in my head).

2 comments:

  1. In your heeeead...in your heeeead...zombie,zombie... :D

    Tom and Jerry. Hehe. So your boobs/gratuitous groping would be called? Deluxe edition Betty and Veronica? :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. me like this style of writing . alot
    http://mbabaziannet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete