Tuesday 25 January 2011

Who's the idiot? Me. That's who.

It's important to laugh at one's self as often as you can. Of course if you are anything like me, these moments come thick and fast. This next story is excessively embarrassing for me, but even worse, makes me think that I might be a little bit crazy.

So boy #4, still without a name (not really sure what's happening/where it's going, and as per my new year's resolution, I am doing nothing about it), and I have been keeping touch, often via text, the occasional phone call, and more recently on google talk. He does this thing where he retreats into his own little world for a few days and maintains radio silence. This last happened (other than the ongoing episode *sad-ish face*) a couple of weekends ago. I had had a crappy day at work, last heard from him 3 days ago, and sure that I had been the last to text. So the next day, feeling pretty miserable, and a little annoyed, I noticed he was logged on. I sat there for a while, willing him to message me, then decided that actually I might appear a little idle (it doesn't matter if I was or not, it's all about appearances at this stage of...getting acquainted). So I logged off, or rather, put my status on invisible. The only problem was, I was still willing him to message me. I was chatting to my friend at the same time, and she figured something was going on. I explained my situation and she very aptly pointed out that 'he has no idea that you're here, so you're being an idiot'. At which point I was consumed by a little panic and logged back on. As available. Available but ignoring him. The evil angel on my left (is it left?! I can never remember where the evil one sits) shoulder was chanting *you win! you win*.

My friend and I carried on chatting, while I kept an eye out for a notification informing me that he had messaged me. I should point out that his status was busy, probably because he was ACTUALLY busy. But whatever. An hour later, I looked at my list of friends, and guess what, he'd logged off and I had totally missed it happening. I am not sure what I would have done, but I felt that I had actually cheated myself out of a conversation. So I was a little angry at me at this point. I also realised that I had just spent the better part of two hours playing a game with myself, given 4 hadn't ever received the memo that 'this' is what people are doing now (to be honest, even I hadn't received that memo. It was simply a moment of madness).

Anyway, so I was still miserable, missing 4 and now angry at myself. The very next morning, the unthinkable happened. 4 rang me. I danced around my room for a couple of minutes (read seconds) before picking up. I had won. What had I won? Well, he got in touch first. So it's a little victory, even though it clearly proves that when it comes to this boy/man thing that is 4, I have lost my marbles. 

*BWTB shakes her head at herself at this point,  a little embarrassed laugh escapes her lips, and she summarily asks to rejoin the world of sanity*. It's a hard life, this liking a boy thing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. Playing games,are we? How long can your sanity last? Then the devil will be singing I win,I win after they commit you... :D :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. feels like i just read about me there:) that *cringe*

    ReplyDelete